Notable Activities of the Foundation
Web Development: Creation of the Rosia Montana Cultural Foundation website in both English and Romanian (2012 – 2013)
Book Publishing: Self-published Rosia Montana Cultural Foundation: Strategic Planning Guide
Public Forum: Participated in Roşia Montană Day in Alba Iulia, regarding Rosia Montana and its threatened heritage.
Litigation: Successfully challenged as illegal the General Urbanistic Plan and Zonal Urbanistic Plan for Rosia Montana which heavily favored mining interests.
Award: Cotidianul Newspaper presented Sorin Jurca, Vice President of the Foundation, with a “man of the year” award for helping defend the Apuseni Mountains.
Public Forum: Participated in the open discussion following the premiere of the documentary “Roşia Montană, a Town on the Brink”, at the Astra International Festival, Sibiu;
Social Event: Offered planning assistance for the FânFest Festival , Roşia Montană
Social Event: The Day of the Royalty
Social Event: “The Celebration of the Day of Roşia Montană”, Bucureşti
Book Publication: Publication of the 136-page Roşia Montană Cultural and Tourist Guidebook, in English and Romanian, the first cultural and patrimonial guide ever published about Roşia Montană (2011).
Political Activity: Met with the Euro-Parliamentary Committee of Petitions, in Bucharest.
Political Activity: Presented a petition to the European Parliament, regarding the social, cultural and economical degradation of Roşia Montană caused by RMGC and the directives that might be violated if the open-pit mining project would start.
Political Activity: Took part in discussions with the Industry Commission of the European Parliament regarding the RMGC plan to begin open-pit mining in Roşia Montană.
Political Activity: Meeting Jo Linen, the President of the Environmental Commettee from the European Parliament, Bucureşti
Social Event: “The Evening of Roşia Montană” at Princess Elisabeta Palace, dedicated to the Rosia Montana Cultural Foundation which received the High Patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Margareta of Romania.
Public Discussion: Meeting the team of the movie “Nunta de piatră”, filmed in Roşia Montană 38 years ago, Bucureşti
2010 and Before
Litigation: Returned the Cultural Center in Roşia Montană to its original status as a public building after it was occupied by Roşia Montană Gold Corporation.
Social Event: “The Evening of Roşia Montană” at Soros Foundation, Bucharesti.
The New El Dorado, part I and part II (Tibor Kocsis, 2004)
Roşia Montană – A Town on the Brink (Fabian Daub, 2012 )
A Few As A Fortress (Gabriel Geamănu)
Between Two Lands (Gabriel Geamănu)
The Seven Churches of Mihăilă Gritta (Cristina Oancea)
- Roşia Montană in European Debate, Victor Boştinaru, Bucureşti, 2012
- New Lakes on the Country’s Map, Mircea Tero, Mureş, 2012
- The Conspiration of “ Vuvuzei”, Constantin Mustaţă, Roşia Montană, 2012
Dr. Robert Moran, expert in hydrogeology and chemistry–An independent evaluation study on the Report for the Environmental Impact Study for the mining project in Roşia Montană.
Witold J. Henisz, Sînziana Dorobanţu – The WhartonSchool, University of Pennsylvania
Alexandra-Maria Bocşe – University of Cambridge
Pierre Luck, Faculte des Lettres, Langues et Sciences Humaines, UHA Universite, France
Alexandre Herlea, UTBM – Universite de Technologie de Belfort-Montbeliard, France
Featured in the Press
- Formula AS (Ion Longin Popescu)
- Cotidianul (Cornel Nistorescu)
- Kamikaze (Mircea Toma)
- Ziarul Bursa (Viviani Mirică)
- Adevărul (Ruxandra Hurezean)
- Capital (Răzvan Petrescu)
- Ziarul Gândul (Dragoş Boţa)
- Green Report (Mihaela Pavnutescu)
- Gazeta de Cluj (Tudor Borşe)
- Bistriţa News, (Marius V. Chiuzan)
- The Telegraph, Marea Britanie (Andrew Cave)
- Le Journal du Dimanche (Pierre-Laurent Mazars)
- Associated Press, USA (corespondent Alison Mutler)
- The Irish Times (Central Europe Corespondent – Daniel McLaughlin)
- Dimiter Keranov, freelance writer
- Nepszabadsag Rt., ziar în limba maghiară (Zoltan Tibori Szabo)
- Birgitta Gabriela Hannover, Germany
- Andreea Anca-Strauss, National Geographic
- MTI Hungary(Danko Adam)
- Romanian Television (Cristian Popa, Alina Suatean)
- EuroNews (Marie-Jean Ion)
- HotNews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH6q45cbOyQ)
- “România, te iubesc” (Sorin Jurca, Eugen Cornea)
- “Profesioniştii” (Aurel Sîntimbrean )
- Radio România Actualităţi (Dorin Corpade)
- Radio România Internaţional (Hildegard Ignătescu)
- Radio Timişoara (Răzvan Aniţescu)
- Radio Reîntregirea, Alba-Iulia
- Radio BBC, Great Britain(Tessa Dunlop)
- ARD – German Radio&Television, Vienna, Austria
- National Public Radio, Germany (Silviu Mihai)
- Houston Public Radio, Texas, U.S.A (Dean Dalton)
- PRI’s The World, a co-production of BBC, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A (Aaron Schachter)
- Flavio Bărbăcaru, architect
- Facing Europe (Hannah Kappes, Jan Schilling, Anton Pasca)
- Dr. Ovidiu Georgescu, Universitatea de Artă şi Cinematografică
- Ivan Rous, Severoceske Muzeum v Liberci, Czech Republic
- Traian Frătean, „Prin Munţii Apuseni” – photo album
- Dagmar Gester, Berlin, Germany